After seeing more sights we finally went to the hotel to rest and then went back out for an evening Seine River cruise. It was very nice and relaxing - got to see a lot. The next day we saw Notre Dame Cathedral - a LOT of cathedrals/churches in Europe.
Part of the tour took us to the Louvre Museum, somewhere I've wanted to go for a long time.
There was a huge section of Egyptian art, which I loved, of course.
this is one of my favorite pieces at the Louvre..
Venus de Milo
Mona Lisa
and other amazing art
I went twice, but didn't come close to seeing everything. The museum is huge! After the Louvre was the Palace of Versailles - amazing place. I loved it. Thank goodness Pierre (our tour guide) was there to tell us about all the wonderful art inside and out..
We went to a show, Moulin Rouge. We were told it was amazing and that we should definitely go while in Paris. I didn't really know what it was about, but I love theatre, so we went. I think we were both surprised by what we saw - and didn't see.
Overall, I am glad I got to experience Paris, though I much preferred England, as most of the people we encountered were rude, the food was surprisingly bland and it wasn't all we expected. After seeing everything we wanted to see we went home. It was good to be home, but I was already planning my next adventure...and it would be a big one.
No comments:
Post a Comment