Not much new to report here. As you can see this little monster is up - and VERY mobile. Oh lordy, when people say, you have to put everything up, they mean UP UP and AWAY. She is into everything. We're mostly just watching her like a hawk, following her and getting her out of messes. This is very challenging. Tomorrow will be my weekly trip to Target and will include locks for the kitchen cabinets. Already got the baby gates!
She loves her toys.
She does well in the walker, but will only go backwards?
I think she looks older than 10.5 months here, don't you? And is this my child? I don't see any resemblance whatsoever, do you??
We don't like sippy cups, but LOVE this kiddie freezer mug with the built in straw.
We finally had a snow day last weekend. Sumaya loved it.
First, she's too big for this seat! I'm on the lookout for a high chair on Craig's List. Second, now that she has chompers, 4 to be exact, this is what we do with our spoon at feeding time. The high chair is really urgent. She makes a big mess here and we can't even use the bumbo tray because she pulls it off!
She gets excited every time she spots Charlie (enjoying a cozy spot on Sumaya's froggy blanket) but the feeling is not mutual. Here she tried to pet him and he, well, smacked her hand. She looked at me, then Charlie, then me and then got upset. I wish he liked her. I'm working on it..
Thank goodness there is a kiddie play room at the honda dealership - and kiddies too. Sumaya loves kids. (Bad hair day, sister. It looked cute but had to put a hat on her cuz it was 15* outside).
Hard to believe she is almost a year old. Where has the time gone?? My sister just reminded me the other day about when my water broke and I called her at 4am...."The baby's coming." I'm thankful she was/is healthy. She's walking along furniture no problem. I'm trying to get her to hold my hand and walk, but she's not too sure about that yet. She likes to immitate me when I sneeze..it's very funny. She says mama, dada and baby - not sure where she got that one from.
Still looking for a car for Emad. Some VERY strange people on Craig's List, but we'll find something. Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated. Just need something to get him to work and back. Work is only about 3 miles each way.
We are also looking for part-time drop in day care - for a couple reasons. I'd like Sumaya to have some interaction with other kids, Emad has an occasional opportunity to work during the day, and I'd like to be more flexible with my work schedule and be able to stay later, if needed.
Hanaa, Noman, Hana & Sumaya
xo
And lastly, we are working on having big Sumaya come visit us. First, is a visit for her to the US Embassy in Cairo. We'd like to go to Egypt soon. Not sure if it will be this year, but it would be nice to maybe bring her back with us. She is a wonderfully sweet, kind and generous woman and we miss her A LOT - along with the rest of our family in Egypt.
***********************************************************************
Many many thanks to my Aunt Jan for the "old" pictures. I was so excited when I received her special package with the cd of pictures and family tree in the mail a few months back. What a treasure.
My grandparents were very special to me, so having these pictures really means a lot.
(handsome) Gramps
Gramps as a boy
Great grama and grama
Gramps and Aunt Jan
Aunt Jan and mom
Mom
Gramps and Grama on their wedding day! Love this one.
Another favorite of Grama and Gramps
Uncle Rodney
Manning family (gramps with blonde hair)
Linker family (grama on far right)
xoxo












No comments:
Post a Comment