After a long painful search, we finally bought Emad a decent car yesterday...
1994 Honda Accord EX. It's in great shape for its age. We'd been scouring Craig's List daily for weeks and saw this one on Friday. The only thing I would add is a cd player. Gotta have the tunes. It even has a remote start which is nice. I will say that "just finding a car" is not a simple task. This last guy was very nice and really the only one I felt I could trust out of all my other encounters with sellers. VERY strange people, but I guess that's what you get on Craig's list.
On the other hand, we have had a few positive experiences with Craig's list...no not this little monster, but the chair she is sitting in. A great find for $25. It has a little musical aquarium-like toy on it which is great! It keeps her occupied while I make dinner or do the dishes.
Charlie likes it too.
In my last blog I mentioned baby gates...this is the scoop on baby gates...they don't keep out monsters! This one stands at the gate with both hands on top and shakes it until it comes away from the wall. Here is the proof if you don't believe me.
We saw this on our drive to see some cars this past weekend. As you can see, there isn't much snow on the ground which is VERY unusual for this time of year in Minnesota - not that I'm complaining. Today it was about 45*, ahhhhh...I'm loving it.
Got the car seat ordered and now on to my next project, finding daycare. What kinds of questions do I ask and what do I look for when searching for a stranger to care for my child??
The monster is exhausted after wreaking havoc all over our apartment. Thank goodness our apartment is very minimal or we'd have to find storage for it all because this kid gets into everything!
xo

No comments:
Post a Comment